[Coco] PBJ C-C Bus and EPROM Burners?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 14 11:52:45 EST 2003

On Sunday 14 December 2003 11:28, jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
>On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:57:14 -0500
>
>  Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>FWIW;  I have one from a Computer technicians collection.
>>> I've
>>> never even set it up, but, I have the User's Manual for
>>>it and see
>>> no problem in making a copy if someone needs one.
>>> Someday when I
>>> have a little more space I hope to try it out.
>>>
>>>I have manuals for PBJ's 2SP PAK and P-C PAK too.
>>>
>>>The Manual for the Word-PAK II has a copyright notice
>>>though.
>>
>>What color is the case on that cartridge, Bruce?  I have
>>cream colored
>>one, real flimsey.  Its a different pcb inside compared
>>to the one in
>>the std tandy black case I've been using for many years.
>
>Gene:
>
>The one I have is more of an off-white, with a hint of
>grey.
>Maybe you can call it cream, but to me it looks like
>off-milk :)

And the milk has traces of cigarrete smoke in it too. :)
Picky picky, Oh yee of exellent color vision, like me.

> What are your experiences with using this
>expanion bus?  I doubt it will work with a CoCo-3 or am I
>wrong?  Cheers!
>
>Jim

No idea Jim, never saw one that I can recall.

But I do have the black one ready to go, hacked for use with a ttl
driven monitor, and used it right beside the 8CM515 for many years,
to a patched cc3io it was just another screen.  Dennis Skala put me
onto the trail of doing that.  But its address decding got reworked
to keep it inside of 1 4 byte wide i/o block.  I've NDI what the
designer had in mind when he took 2 bytes out of two adjacent 4 byte
blocks of very valuable coco i/o space.  Jerk...

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M