[Coco] RGB-DOS & KenTron SCSI

Chris Spry bugster at cedarcomm.com
Fri Dec 12 16:15:30 EST 2003

Hey guys,

I just picked up a KenTron SCSI Hard Drive Controller and RGB-DOS recently.
I got an FD-502 controller with an altered ROM for RGB-DOS burned in there,
so when I turn on the system it automatically goes searching for a hard
drive.  I hooked up an Apple 500MB SCSI Hard Drive (Quantum ProDrive) to it
inside of a SCSI Case.    The SCSI cable hooked to it is the one
specifically designed to be used with the KenTron to the SCSI drive (Doesn't
use the middle pins on the SCSI drive).  When I turn on the system it hangs
looking for a hard drive. I have to reset the CoCo 3 to be able to use it.
I tried loading the format command to try to format the HD for use, but when
I go through and answer the questions and then goes to format it just hangs
there too.  Does anybody have any experience with this system and could help
me out?  Thanks.

-Chris