[Coco] FLEX+ runs on a COCO3

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Dec 10 16:34:00 EST 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 03:26 am, Willard Goosey wrote:
> From: "John E. Malmberg" <wb8tyw at qsl.net>
>
> >Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:21:00 -0500
> >
> >It is a single user operating system with some background tasks.
>
> ??? I didn't realize it had anything in the way of multitasking.
>
> >Very lightweight, the entire OS, + editor, + assembler would fit on
> > a single 35 track double density floppy.
>
> For 1980, that's not such a big accomplishment, really.  CP/M started
> out with 500K 8" ss/sd drives and could be fairly happy on 90K 5.25"
> ss/sd drives.

Actually, CP/M started out with 250k 8" SSSD drives.  500k was SSDD.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

The Yen Buddhists are the richest religious sect in the universe.  They
hold that the accumulation of money is a great evil and burden to the
soul.  They therefore, regardless of personal hazard, see it as their
unpleasant duty to acquire as much as possible in order to reduce the
risk to innocent people.           -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_