[Coco] Nick's Survey results

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Dec 10 00:34:00 EST 2003

At 10:10 PM 12/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Roger
>
>I still use a "Real" Coco 3. IN fact it is as close to the original as
>possible. Still has
>the 6809 in it and a 1986 GIME chip. I did upgrade it to 512K and amd
>still using
>OS9 Level II 2.00.01 version.
>
>I can upgrade to the 1987 GIME chip if I want to. In fact I still have it
>up and use it
>once in a while. I used it to write many reports while working on my
>degree in the
>late 80's.
>
>james

A true CoCoNut.

I always feel more CoCo-ish at Christmas time, mainly because of that first
issue of Rainbow I accidentally found while browsing through the computer
mags at the mall (this was back then Computer Shopper was thicker than 2
metro phone books), before Microsoft was not *too* terribly big, and at a
time when computer activity was so great that you couldn't possibly keep up
with everything.   Business was thriving with assortment.

Now everything is a monopoly.  We need our CoCos and emulated CoCos to
remind us of the good ole days.

Roger Taylor