[Coco] Re: FLEX+ runs on a COCO3

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Dec 9 10:08:00 EST 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 07:54, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>Richard E. Crislip wrote:
>> Hello John
>>
>> Did you know that Flex was ported to the Amiga and can be found on
>> Aminet? I got it running a long while back, but since I didn't
>> have any software for it or any knowledge of its command
>> structures.. I kinda gave up on it. I have since learned of the
>> existance of the Flex Users Group, nut now don't have a lot of
>> free time to explore it <sigh>. BTW it is the 6809 version that
>> was ported.
>
>I am not familiar with Aminet.

Aminet is a worldwide system of mirrors for amiga software
distribution, headquartered at Washington University in St. Louis,
and contains in the area of 10gigabytes of freely downloadable
software, some PD, some shareware with activation schemes etc.

I think you can still address it at <http://www.us.aminet.net>

rant mode on.

Anyone who has written something for the amiga can submit it to that
archive if you can get past Urban Meullers super fussy submission
format.  I submitted the last working version of ghostscript, version
5.10 (thats got iridium dust on it now) which had full ps level 2 and
pdf 1.2 support in it, which takes about 4 or 5 seperate files to
satisfy whats PD and whats copyright Artofsoft but freely compileable
on anything with a decent compiler.

Urban deleted it twice because the readme's were alike on all files
and only had a short description and a list of what was needed to
make the complete archive, all of which you needed to make it run on
your system.  I didn't know any other way of making sure everyone got
it all except by putting it all right up front in the readme.  As far
as the description went, anybody who doesn't know what ghostscript is
can be dismissed from class.  It was ghostscript, what else do you
need to know?

As I was on a 33k dialup at the time, I sent it the 3rd time, then
sent him a message to take it or leave it as that was the last &&$%
time I was gonna be online for 5+ hours sending it.  He kept it, but
scattered the files all over the directory system.  Jerk.

I've got lots of other amiga stuff, but that was the end of my wasting
time fighting with Urban.  Now my amiga is dead and so is access to
that stuff.  That included FWIW, the only "it actually works!" cron
for amigados, and a home automation program based on x120 stuffs, all
with fancy MUI built gui's to use when configuring them.

rant mode off.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M