[Coco] [Color Computer] OS-9 Editor and NitrOS-9 Download

Bruce Calkins bcalkins at disaster-relief.net
Sun Dec 7 10:36:00 EST 2003

> >Scred was an OSK editor that came with the MM/1 and was an official
> > Microware product.  Didn't know it had been back-ported to 6809.
> > Those who used it on 68K systems said it was very crash-prone.
> > --Mike K.
>
> Its just as crash-prone on the coco.  Not of much use really.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene

I may be the exception then.  I have used Scred for years to edit small
files.  It was/is a bit confusing in it's cursor movement system but the
problems I've had were my missunderstandings.

I used edit today to change setime to getclock in my OS-9 emulator because I
haven't figured out the termset numbers for scred's use in the emulator yet.
It was my lack of understanding how the program worked that took the most
time.

YMMV, Bruce W.