[Coco] Dumb way to write 3.5" floppy in Coco RSBASIC?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 22:54:00 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/6/03 9:38:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
robert.gault at worldnet.att.net writes:

> NO! RSBasic will complain bitterly unless you type DSKINI2.

Right :-)  Tells you how long ago I used RSBASIC.  Darn, I was good at it
back in early '80s!

>  The best means for transfer is still null modem if you have an RS-232 pak.

Pretty sure I still do.  Now I just need a terminal program that runs under
RSDOS (maybe the VidText ROM in the RS232 Pak will do), and a PC term program
that will run a Baud rate as low as the Coco's.  Will good old Hyperterm or
whatever that stock DOS thing is, go that slow? 120 Baud or whatever?

Ran plenty of "primitive" terminal programs on Coco in my day, on blazing
fast 1200 Baud Bell modems, but never on a PC.  --Mike K.