[Coco] [Color Computer] OS-9 Editor and NitrOS-9 Download

Mannequin* mannequin at primary.net
Sat Dec 6 13:50:08 EST 2003

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 01:57:41 -0500
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Friday 05 December 2003 23:39, Mannequin* wrote:
> >On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 23:00:34 -0500
> >
> >Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> >> I've been using a patch for tsedit, that turns it into a mini vi,
> >> for what seems like forever.  Its a good editor, and you can start
> >> it with a 56k buffer.
> >
> >Sounds good. I just need to find tsedit. :)
> >
> Replacement disks can I think, still be ordered from RSU, at a quite
> nominal fee.

Thanks. I'll look in to it... Just gotta learn that *grumble* Vi now. :)

> >-Mannequin*
> >
> >PS - Actually, you are talking to an Emacs user here... so something
> >that's like Vi is almost heresy. ;)
> >
> Aww, gee. I didn't intend to restart THAT war.

You didn't restart any war... Well, not unless someone else picks it up
and runs with it. I love Emacs, but not enough to get in to a war on
these groups over it.

> OTOH, I don't think
> anybody would ever consider even trying to shrink Emacs down to the
> coco memory model.  I don't think it could be done and still preserve
> ANY of the Emacs flavoring.

I'm sure a VERY simple Emacs could be made. It just wouldn't preserve
much of the flavoring. It would be nice, though...

-Mannequin*

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/CFFolB/TM