[Coco] coco OS9 boot ROM

David dbree at duo-county.com
Sat Dec 6 10:10:15 EST 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 05:18:45PM +1000, Bob Devries wrote:
> Stan said:
> >I don't know where you've been but there's been a OS9 Boot rom around
> >ever since the B&B XT hard drive interface.  The rom replaces the hard
> >disk controller rom & can be set up to boot straight of the hard
> >drive.
>
> That's the sort of thing I had in mind, except for a SCSI drive, not for MFM
> PC type drives.
> Unforch, I don't have the source to Chris Burke's ROM, and even then it
> would need to be converted for SCSI operation, which while not impossible,
> isn't trivial either.

For hints on the code, could one not use the Disto driver to get started
on the code?

How would it do to burn Boot, Rel, and the other module that go onto
track 35 into the area occupied by the "3 musketeers", and perhaps
reverse the boot sequence that determines whether you boot into RSDOS or
do the OS9 command?

You could also insert code in this area to check /d0 first, then check
/h0.