[Coco] [Color Computer] OS-9 Editor and NitrOS-9 Download

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Dec 6 01:58:00 EST 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 23:39, Mannequin* wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 23:00:34 -0500
>
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>> I've been using a patch for tsedit, that turns it into a mini vi,
>> for what seems like forever.  Its a good editor, and you can start
>> it with a 56k buffer.
>
>Sounds good. I just need to find tsedit. :)

Replacement disks can I think, still be ordered from RSU, at a quite
nominal fee.

>-Mannequin*
>
>PS - Actually, you are talking to an Emacs user here... so something
>that's like Vi is almost heresy. ;)

Aww, gee. I didn't intend to restart THAT war.  OTOH, I don't think
anybody would ever consider even trying to shrink Emacs down to the
coco memory model.  I don't think it could be done and still preserve
ANY of the Emacs flavoring.