[Coco] Nick's Survey results

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Fri Dec 5 16:22:00 EST 2003

>On Friday 05 December 2003 14:16, mmarlett at isd.net wrote:

I look at us as being a small enough group as we are. If I start to create hardware
that eliminates any part of the group, it is a loss. A loss in sales and a loss
in support as a community. We look at all aspects of this. You can't please
everyone and sometimes there are no work arounds. In this case maxtrix scan
and new improved PS/2 port is the meal ticket. A bit of firmware in an Atmel
AVR and then a SUPER CPLD from Altera. I have the scan matrix done and going
to work on the mouse packet buffer after SuperIDE is completed. Details, details......
At the same time I'm going to be making a generic Altera CPLD board that plugs
in to the Atmel STK500's expansion ports. This will allow you to do firmware
development along with your target CPLD on the Atmel development kit. One serial
port controlling the STK and a printer port controlling the Cloud-9 ByteBlaster
board to reprogram the CPLDs. Will be quite nice! Better yet anyone will be
able to do this! Hardware understanding will be helpful.

:)

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9