[Coco] Re: NitrOS9 on MESS?

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Dec 4 23:52:00 EST 2003

At 10:00 PM 12/4/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Wait a sec...  Surely the CoCo used that index hole!?  I mean, the
>Commodore 64 guys could make flippies just by punching thru the whole
>thing (no index hole needs) but that would not work on that CoCo -- and if
>it did, boy did I waste a ton of time!
>
>(Wow.  Major flashback.  Can you remember doing that!?  I thought 5 1/2"
>generics at .75 each were a bargain back in 83 or so...Maybe they were?)

I still have a ton of 'em I punched using a paper hole puncher.  Maybe 2
out of 50 didn't punch right.  Even if the cotton liner was poking out
some, they worked great.  The flippies were not my favorite way of doing
it, but rather just have my patched DECB and use DRIVE 2 and 3 for the
backsides of the disks without flipping them.

If I mailed disks to somebody, I'd usually ask about their drive
system.  If I didn't, I'd hear about it later.  :)

Some people wouldn't have it any other way than using the punch and flip
method.

I wonder if the SuperBoard will be CD-RW ready?