[Coco] The CoCo

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Dec 4 11:04:00 EST 2003

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 02:27 am, Allen Huffman wrote:
> > What is "Macs", actually?   What CPU does it use?  thanks.
>
> Er, Apple Macintosh.  PowerPC (the big, big brother of the Motorola
> 6809 ;).
>
> 'course, a Java version could also run under Linux and other
> operating systems, using a native version of the emulator if one was
> available. Hrm.  Could be fun.  I wonder if anyone has built a 6809
> compiler in Java?  I know there is a CoCo emulator written in Java.

I think he was asking for clarification on which Mac CPU line, whether
68xxx or PPC.  And the PPC isn't really a relative of the 6809 except
maybe by shotgun marriage.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

... but it wasn't easy, because doubt is less easily dispelled than
illusion, and with doubt come tentative half-measures -- and nothing
worthwhile has ever been accomplished by tentative half-measures.
		Vlad Taltos, _Issola_, (by Steven Brust, P.J.F.)