[Coco] Coco Newby

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Wed Dec 3 22:28:00 EST 2003

At 03:03 PM 12/3/2003 -0800, you wrote:

David,

The SuperIDE board has CF slot built on it in a standard long case format.
It is supplied with a case and has FLASH on board as well.

The SuperBoard has FLASH on it as well and is accessible in certain ways as
is the SuperIDE's FLASH that allows you to boot as you would like into
whatever you would like.

1. The 512k board we offer is set for the CoCo's 8 bit refresh. The new
SIMMS have a 9 bit or larger refresh. You can put them in but they won't
keep the memory refreshed. I have a replacement board already designed and
the PAL logic ready to be debugged that will allow the 256k x 3 chips to be
used in place of the 256k x 8 or 9 SIMMS currently. These SIMMS are VERY
hard to locate these days. I have no plans to support larger memory other
than on the SuperBoard. MMU has to be emulated in the CPLD and it you want
more memory buy an existing Disto, Paul Barton board, or wait for the
SuperBoard....yes it is coming......

2. Done on the SuperIDE and will be also done on the SuperBoard.

3. I have a design of this ready to be debugged as well. This will take the
CoCo3's RGB and basically double it or buffer it and output it. This
project WILL NOT move forward until the completion of the SuperBoard. I do
this design work on my lunch time at work. This will be a REALLY neat
device and I **should** be able to make it fairly inexpensive ie: around $80.

Hopefully this helps and stop by we have new and rebfurbished CoCo's.
System setups are free when you purchase a system. With the release of the
NitrOS package from Boisy, it is a BREEZE! NitrOS-9 of old to new is night
and day difference. The work in that package has been polished and it is
quite an awesome piece of work. Months of hard work, heck, years of hard
work is now paying off in the ability to have all platforms the same.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9