[Coco] Disk drive questions?

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 10:12:00 EST 2003

jimcox at miba51.com wrote:

"I'd also like to ask again, how easy is it to drop a 3.5" drive into a
system.  I know I have the answer some where in the thousands of emails
I have saved, but I thought I'd save time and ask here.  Any pointers?"

As long as your 3.5" drives will run double density (720k), and most
will, just check, all you need is adapters for the power and signal
connections.  The power requires a mini 4-pin female plug and the signal
needs a 34-pin female header. I have three CoCo systems up and running
and they all use  3.5" drives.  It is a pain in the butt for me when I
have to copy a 5.25" floppy because I have to hook up the drive with a
special header jumper I made.   BTW - by refitting the cover on your
drive case, you can cram three 3.5" drives in and still consume (I
think) less power than two 5.25" monsters.

Griz