[Coco] Request For Mac OS X Users

Brad Grier bradgrier at cox.net
Wed Dec 31 15:28:25 EST 2003

Hello,

When it came to testing my Java color computer emulator on OS X, I used
to go to CompUSA and bring up the applet on one of the Macs there. It
seems they've turned off all Internet access to the computers on the
floor so I can no longer use them to test my software!

Anyway, a while back I implemented a change specifically for OS X.
Because Apple's AWT Java buttons don't seem to obey their size
constraints, not all components would fit on the applet's toolbar (the
control bar at the bottom of the emulation). This wasn't a problem with
Apple's Java implementation for OS 9 - just OS X.

I fixed this by creating my own buttons so they would appear the same on
all platforms. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see if the change
fixed the problem.

If a Mac OS X user could visit the URL below and let me know if there's
a button labeled "ML" in the lower right-hand corner of the applet, I'd
appreciate it. The button stands for Mouse Left, meaning the mouse
controls the left joystick. As you press the button it will cycle
through the other joystick control options. This button used to be
"invisible" to OS X users.

http://members.cox.net/javacoco/

Thanks,

Brad Grier