[Coco] BASIC and Disk BASIC version numbers

Perry M Dueck pmdueck at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 10 22:42:00 EST 2003

Hi all,

As I got "into" the CoCo late in the game, in 1987, and started with a 128K
CoCo 3 and FD-501 drive system, I never had to worry about what ROM
versions my Disk / Super Extended Color BASIC was since I obviously had the
latest versions of both at the time, and obviously the final versions from
Tandy as there never was a CoCo 4, and as I recall, the newer FD-502
controller still had the same Disk BASIC ROM version as the FD-501
controller....

However, now that I have accumulated an old grey case CoCo 1 and a couple
of CoCo 2 computers, with varying amounts of RAM and ROM versions in each,
I was wondering if anyone had a list of what the latest ROM versions are
that would go into each of these machines and what the RAM requirements are.

I figured I'd try to find the parts to upgrade these CoCo 1 and 2 machines
to 64K each, with the latest BASIC ROM's in each as well, just to max out
these machines and for maximum across the board compatibility with all the
software and games I have on cassette and floppy.

best regards, Perry