[Coco] Interactive FAQ

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Dec 9 11:22:12 EST 2003

I'm not actively involved with the CoCo anymore, but dropped in on the
list to see what was going on. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/, and
also my AMC car project at
http://207.200.18.4/~amcyclopedia/tiki/tiki-index.php
These have noting to do with the CoCo, but the TikiWiki system would be
perfect for an interactive FAQ. Wikipedia is a true Wiki system --
anyone can edit any file at any time. That would probably work for the
CoCo as not to many people would be adding info or "correcting" info
that was there. The idea behind a Wiki system is that if someone does
post wrong info, others who use it will find and correct it. But that's
in a perfect world! The TikiWiki system (the site I'm working on with
some others) gives only certain people rights to modify all text. Anyone
can add an article, and the author can revise it. But someone with admin
rights can move the article and lock it so that only those with admin
rights can make changes. The AMC hobby has enough misleading info
floating around that we took that approach.

There is a good article on the CoCo in Wikipedia, just search for "CoCo"
then look through the list. I just made some minor
corrections/adjustments -- I'm sure some of you could add more!

One more thing -- I'm willing to release the book I wrote about the CoCo
to the public domain as a PDF file. That is if the CoCo club in Chicago
(why can't I remember the name now?) isn't selling copies still. I gave
them all rights to that and "the wrod of 68 micros".
--
Frank Swygert -- Gulfport, MS
Publisher, "American Independent Magazine" (AIM)