[Coco] Nick's Survey results

peak at mail.polarcomm.com peak at mail.polarcomm.com
Fri Dec 5 11:29:05 EST 2003

I for one would love to see a centralized site for COCO. Not
just for games though. If Nitros9 is free then where do I get
it? The coco all versions would make a great little
developement system. How about downgrading the basic roms to
just a BIOS Placed in a small Flashable prom,64k Static ram
using two 43256(32k x 8)chips,a serial keyboard that is NOT
an AT keyboard interface(COCO3 matrix keyboard with scanning
done by an encoder or a Pic processor sending serial scan
code to only the row I/O port,then change POLCAT to read
ASCII or other byte of key code). Making an AT keyboard
interface seems to me to be an excessive use of both hardware
and software just to have a lap keyboard that is transparent
to coco. Also perhaps an 8-bit ISA type slot or two.