[Coco] DD/720 diskettes

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 06:08:00 EST 2003

> So one needs a good supply of DD diskettes.  Unforch, they are a
> little like hens teeth, very very scarce.

>>Keep an eye open in thrifts. BTW, some guy keeps selling them on
>>eBay. I also picked up a bunch at a swap meet.

Even rarer than DD diskettes are 2.88mb diskettes for circa
early '90s IBM IML microchannel machines most of which came with
the corresponding 2.88mb floppy drives.  But the diskettes I came
across at swap meets were apparently previously used, and faulty in
that most no longer could be even formatted to 2.88mb at all, or had
a large percentage of errors. I've never seen brandy new 2.88s
offered anywhere since finding a couple of IML MCA machines.

-ph