[Coco] The CoCo

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Dec 3 01:40:00 EST 2003

I wanted to take a minute to tell everybody that I plan to produce some
very serious CoCo projects soon.  Some of these will be projects I have on
old EDTASM floppy disks, which I will simply move over to the PC for
advanced development.

Before I could set myself up for this task, I had to create the ultimate
tool for writing ML software for the CoCo.  The name of this 6809/6309 IDE
is called Portal-9 (yes, for Windows).  I'm writing it not only for me, but
for you.

I have gotten zero response from the CoCo list about this tool, as I still
work tremendously hard on it.  All of my response has come from Vectrex
users, which is a major surprise, since Portal-9 is 97.44% CoCo-biased.  In
fact, it's a CoCo IDE.  In a version or two, there'll be so many
subroutines you can insert as snippets, that it will leave little to be
written yourself.  Now is this nice or what?  And I'm only getting started.

What I do know is that most of us own PCs... we love our CoCos, but we
still live modern lives, and there's nothing wrong with that.  From all the
talk about the M.E.S.S. emulator and JVC emulators, I'm sure we've had our
fun emulating the CoCo even if we've got our real ones sitting on the same
desk.

As I churn out these projects, I will know from feedback whether or not
what I'm doing is helping keep the CoCo alive or whether it's not.  That
has been my goal since the beginning.

What I need is feedback of any kind.  Negative feedback won't hurt my
feelings at all.  Cuss me out, tell me to stop writing CoCo programs, tell
me that my efforts are pointless, etc... but tell me something.

cheers

{Roger Taylor}