[arg_discuss] Looking for Resources on Engaging Casual Players in ARGs

Brice Clocher mangatome at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 06:19:54 EDT 2013

Thank you all for the great input.

Wendy and Jamey, you are making excellent points. I myself have witnessed
TINAG being a really big hindering when reaching to audiences that are very
inexperienced with ARG.
Thank you for your insight, your words really ring a bell. Having a
"tutoring" design strategy also really fits our story, in which super
heroes are trying to recruit regular people and make heroes out of them.
Right now I'm thinking about a unified "welcome website" that would display
what's going on in the game "right now", the story so far, and how to play.
There also would be a hotline and chatrooms as suggested.

Alice, we're based in Germany and have quite a big local team already, but
thanks for the feedback ;) We're in the preprod stage, and many things are
happening in parallel. My role is about defining the overall structure of
the game and story. Many folks are working on the characters designs and
logistic issues.

As for my previous library ARG, we're preparing a video summing up what
happened. I'll be sure to forward it here when it's released. :)

Cheers
Brice