[arg_discuss] [an_invitation] ARG movies

JEFF HULL jeff at nonchalance.com
Tue Apr 10 18:29:31 EDT 2012

Hi Everybody,
as a follow up to the thread I started about ARG movies... I was really trying to ascertain if we could claim "the first feature film about an ARG project and it's players". I also wanted to offer passes to anyone (on this list) who is interested in attending the premiere screening of:

"The Institute" a new documentary film
directed and produced by Spencer McCall

This documentary examines "The Jejune Institute", a San Francisco based Alternative Reality Game.
From the players perspective, the film looks over the precipice at an emergent new art form and it's unintended consequences.

Midnight Movie Premiere Party
Saturday April 21st
Grand Lake Theater, Oakland, CA
Reception begins at 10pm
at Monkey Forest Road Gallery at 10pm

http://www.theinstitutemovie.com

Right now we're trying to get this out to festivals, and get picked up for distribution.

Let me know and we'll put your name on the list!

Best,
Jeff

Hello List,

I am wondering if anyone here knows about feature length documentaries or fictional films made about ARG experiences. We know about "The Game" and "eXistenZ" which gesture toward pervasive gaming. I am speaking more specifically about contemporary movies which focus on ARG / Trans-Media players, projects, etc. Recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks very much,
Jeff Hull

: : creative director n o n c h a l a n c e

: : 510.260.7527 / jeff at nonchalance.com

: : http://about.nonchalance.com