[arg_discuss] Call for Participation: ARGFest wants speakers, games & attendees

Brooke Thompson brooke at giantmice.com
Tue May 11 10:44:31 EDT 2010

Hey SIG!

ARGFest registration has opened up and we're approaching the deadline
for speaker submissions, so if you could help spread the word, that
would be outstanding! Of course, I hope to see you all there and be
sure to let us know your session ideas by May 15. You've still got
some time submit your games, projects, or events for the festival -
but get on it and the sooner the better because if you wait until June
15th we're going to be in crunch and won't have as good an idea of
what you're doing which will make it hard to help promote it. If you
have any questions about ARGFest, feel free to ask. (I'm running
around like a crazy woman right now, so it might take a day or two to
get back to you, but I will!)

- Brooke

Call for Participation: ARGFest wants speakers, games & attendees!

ARGFest is a four day event (July 15-18, Atlanta GA) exploring
alternate reality games, location-based games & storytelling, and
public play. It is a community gathering which gives fans, creators,
researchers, and anyone who is interested in transmedia storytelling
an opportunity to meet each other, exchange ideas & support, report on
research & projects, and to collaborate on the future of transmedia
and alternate reality gaming. It's also a heck of lot of fun.

Thursday & Friday are devoted to traditional conference sessions and
workshops with topics covering the theory, design, production, and
implementation of transmedia and related projects. Submissions for the
conference are due by May 15th and a full schedule will be announced
shortly thereafter.

Saturday & Sunday are devoted to a festival showcasing transmedia
projects and public play (including street games, scavenger hunts,
live events, etc). This is the first year for festival and we are so
excited to see it come together. We are drawing inspiration from
independent film festivals and public play events akin to Come Out and
Play. By bringing together a critical mass of projects, ARGFest
provides designers with greater support and encourages greater local
participation to help make the games and events even more successful.
We are looking for a wide range of games and projects. High tech or
low tech... it doesn't matter to us. We love street games. We also are
interested in projects that interact with the idea of place. If your
project doesn't quite fit those things - let us know because other
projects may be considered and we will have space and various A/V
needs available. Festival submissions are due by June 15th. We review
submissions on a rolling basis, so the earlier you submit the better -
it gives us time to better understand your project so that we can
provide the best support possible.

Important Dates:
May 15: Conference Session Submissions Due
June 15: Festival Submissions Due
July 15-18: ARGFest!

Registration Dates:
now - May 23: Early Bird Registration