[arg_discuss] Second Runs & Contracts for an ARG

Tony Walsh tonywalsh at phantomcompass.com
Sun Mar 28 13:15:21 EDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Andrea Phillips <andrhia at gmail.com> wrote:

> should we start putting language in our contracts making sure we get a

> slice of the pie if a project makes it onto bigger and better things?

I'd say go for it, but from the ARG-maker's perspective, they want as few
encumbrances on the project as possible (for such reasons as sublicensing
and licensing in other territories), so I can't see them accepting a clause
asking for residuals. Depends on how much they're paying you up front, I
guess. If the front end is crap, it may be hard to justify denying the
contractor a slice of the back end.

--
Tony Walsh, Founding Director of Phantom Compass
email: tonywalsh at phantomcompass.com
mobile: +1 416 894 0894
web: http://www.PhantomCompass.com
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tonywalsh