[arg_discuss] ARG Community & Developer Survey!

Tony Walsh tonywalsh at phantomcompass.com
Mon Mar 8 20:57:07 EST 2010

Christy, FWIW, the type of design and production consultation you describe
is the kind I'm most familiar with. I'd also throw in pre-production
consultation, which I have done during early-stage project development
(often before financing / during proposal stages); can involve creative
brainstorming, delivery strategy, big-picture narrative considerations,
proposal-writing etc.

To Andrea's point, a consultant (in my experience) typically doesn't go as
far as actual execution, e.g. giving creative advice but not actually
getting their hands "dirty" with detailed design or production work. Once
one gets too far into execution, they stop being a design consultant, for
example, and start becoming a designer. Semantics, maybe? I dunno.

--
Tony Walsh, Founding Director of Phantom Compass
email: tonywalsh at phantomcompass.com
mobile: +1 416 894 0894
web: http://www.PhantomCompass.com
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tonywalsh