[arg_discuss] Looking for Social Media Stats - global

Brooke Thompson brooke at giantmice.com
Mon Jun 14 14:53:55 EDT 2010

You're right. "Social media" was the wrong term to use. I'm looking for
numbers on social networking sites and applications.

This is research into ways & places to extend both the narrative and play
for project with a global audience. We are looking to find ways to encourage
local action/interaction over and above global (though, hopefully, we'll
still see some global collaboration). These figures will be used to help us
identify locations where we may be more successful in doing that as well as
to help us to identify which sites/services/applications we may want to
utilize in various locations. We have a fairly global team and some basic
understanding of the usage/popularity of various networks in several
different countries/regions, but having some numbers to back up some
statements/instincts will make the people with the money happy.

So, to answer your question... I want to use these numbers to get money.
Lots and lots of money ;)

On 6/14/10 2:17 PM, "Brian Clark" <bclark at gmdstudios.com> wrote:

> Let's ask the question another way: what do you want to do with these

> "social media stats"?

> My argument is that the whole Web is social media. 'nuff said.

>>> Hey,

>>> Does anyone have any decent global social media stats? Or could you help

> me

>>> find some. Apparently my google-fu has taken the day off. That or they

>>> don¹t

>>> exist. I can¹t imagine that they don¹t exist.

>>> http://www.giantmice.com http://www.argfest.com