[arg_discuss] White Paper: ARGs in Publishing

Michael Andersen mandersen at argn.com
Tue Aug 3 09:04:44 EDT 2010

Thank you David, that's exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for: I'm
familiar with both projects, and both have some great takeaways. *The 21
Steps* is still my favorite use of Google Maps, and the final live mission
for *The Shadow War *offered a perfect capstone to the project. Can't
believe I neglected to mention them.

And Kim: I wasn't aware of the London treasure riots, but was aware there's
a danger with ARGs whenever you have buried treasure that people will go a
little crazy in the digging process. I didn't think of the
newspaper/magazine angle of publishing, and may have to narrow my focus to
book publishing as that opens up a wealth of contests and experiments
ranging from the many challenges the *Dispatch *engaged in, along with the
Wired contests with Six to Start and Lone Shark Games, and...well, you get
the point.

-Michael