[arg_discuss] White Paper: ARGs in Publishing

Michael Andersen mandersen at argn.com
Tue Aug 3 09:18:11 EDT 2010

Evan: I've seen how contentious ARG Histories can be, and planned on using
the bulk of my space to concentrate on the latter sections that focus more
on implementation. Rather than presenting a definitive or comprehensive
history, I was planning on presenting a brief paragraph or two recognizing
that while there is some intensely innovative work going on in the space
over the past few years, it didn't start with the publication of *Cathy's
Book*.

My intended focus is on methods of implementation and the potential
benefits, as I assume the purpose of the white paper is less academic and
more practical, with people seeking out information on what ARGs are, if
they work, and how to do them. If I'm wrong in that assumption, I can adjust
my writing and research accordingly. Have any of you on the listserv made
use of the 2006 white paper? And if so, how? (Yes, I realize that may open
up an entirely different line of discussion.)

-Michael