[arg_discuss] Elections! No, Really.

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 08:42:27 EDT 2010

Beloved SIG Members,

The IGDA has recently set a formal standard for how a SIG's government
should work. To complete the process, we're going to need to hold
*elections*!

The incredible Sheri Rubin, who runs the Quality Assurance SIG (among
her many, many other high-level IGDA activities), will be managing
this process for us, to help avoid the appearance of a conflict of
interest on my part and make the whole thing smoother for everyone.

We'll be keeping a structure much like the one we have right now -- a
chairman elected by the SIG membership, with a steering
committee/leadership council made up of people appointed by that
chair. Right now, I am the chair, and our committee consists of Brooke
Thompson, John Evans, and Wendy Despain.

Sheri will be sending a number of emails over the next few weeks
moving our election process along. I urge you to participate in every
step. Thanks for your good citizenship!

--
Andrea Phillips
http://www.aaphillips.com