[arg_discuss] White Paper - 2010 Edition

Brooke Thompson brooke at giantmice.com
Fri Apr 9 08:09:00 EDT 2010

My outline thoughts

Intro
Overview
- Market
- Business Models
- Audience
- General Design Principles
ARGs in various industries
- ARGS and Marketing
- ARGs and Publishing
- ARGs and Televisions
- ARGs and Serious Games
- Towards an Independent Future (a look at independent games & a
future when we're not listing things as "ARGs and..."
ARGs and Academia (research trends & future directions)

As far as a timeline, I'm thinking of something like this:
Call for Authors - now through May 1
Outlines - May 15
(outlines reviewed & comments sent to authors by June 1)
First Drafts - July 1
(drafts reviewed & comments sent to authors by July 15)
Final Drafts - September 1
(paper assembled for final editing by September 10)
Publication - September 20
(to be presented at Picnic, if possible)

Also, as I'll be crazy insane busy with ARGFest (you all are coming,
right? it is going to be incredible this year!), I'm going to need an
editor or two to help me review the first drafts.