[arg_discuss] That Toyota Thing

mela kocher mela_kocher at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 21 13:41:37 EDT 2009

I also think it's super problematic to have such an experience thrown at people without their previous consent - we talked about this also in respect to Martin Aggett.
What I don't get, though, is: why is only Toyota facing a law-suit and not the respective "friend" who gave all the personal info? Why is ethical behavior only expected from big companies? Or is this less about being violated in personal matters than getting money?

Anyways, it did surprised me greatly that such a big company as Toyota would cross the lines in a way that usually grassroot ARGs would do. Is it just me or are we becoming a society of hoax?

Mela

P.S. And Michael: I wonder many times what car commercials have to do with the actual cars. ;)