[arg_discuss] Academic programs?

Will Emigh will at studiocypher.com
Tue Nov 10 17:46:04 EST 2009

Indiana University at Bloomington has a Masters in Telecommunications
program that, despite the generic name, is geared towards game and
interactive media development.

They have some great faculty members, including Lee Sheldon (writer
for some of the Agatha Christie games and developer of the Skeleton
Chase ARGs) and Ted Castronova (an economist who studies game
economies).

Bloomington is a great place to live and the program is flexible
enough that you can get whatever you want out of it.

If you contact me off-list with your particular areas of interest, I
can tell you more about how well that would work at IUB.

In the interest of fair disclosure, I should mention that I'm a
satisfied graduate of the program who now develops games for a living.

-- Will

Studio Cypher, LLC
Amazing games, everywhere

www.studiocypher.com