[arg_discuss] ARGology Administration

Andrea Phillips deusexmachinatio at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:24:00 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Brooke Thompson<brooke at giantmice.com> wrote:

> As far as setting up a mailing list - mailing lists are an option with most

> hosts (not sure what host argology is using) and it's really easy to set up.

> An alternative to that would be to set something up on google or y! which is

> also super simple.

Yeah, a small Google group is probably the trick. Give me until next
weekend to work up the energy, assuming anybody volunteers. ^_^

> But, does it really require a separate list? I can't imagine that it would

> get much traffic and we're low volume enough here (well, we are unless I get

> all crazy about deception again ;)) that I don't think it would really get

> in the way - especially if ARGology was used in the subject line so that

> folks who aren't keen to read them can just mark it as read and move on.

> Plus, if it's for original content, it gives a nice chance for some feedback

> that might be helpful. And, if it's about something that's been posted here

> - it's just a matter of replying to person who wrote it privately and saying

> "hey, that's really interesting, we should put that on ARGology - d'ya

> mind?" instead of the back & forth between two lists.

The point of making a separate list isn't really about traffic not
cluttering the list, so much as creating a sense of accountability and
authority for the self-selected few individuals who choose to join it.
I think we need to conjure up that feeling of ownership, one way or
another. Ideally we'd get somebody to step up and say "Me, let me be
in charge," but my hopes are not high on that count. We're busy folk
in here.

The other thing I'd be concerned about is the ol' too many cooks
adage. When was the last time we reached a consensus on... anything?
^_^

--
Andrea Phillips
http://www.deusexmachinatio.com