[arg_discuss] Topic of the Week June 29: How's the SIG?

Markus Montola markus.montola at uta.fi
Mon Jun 29 13:47:00 EDT 2009

For me, this SIG is really useful. I lurk quite a bit, for me the
largest added value is hearing about new worthwhile things. The core of
my work is not ARGs, so I can't dedicate enough time to learn their ins
and outs completely, so it's good to lean on Someone Else's knowledge in
here and there.

We actually thank the IGDA ARG SIG in the acknowledgements of our
Pervasive Games book. Quite a few things would not have made it on our
radar without this one. Maybe the most prominent of those is the Mystery
on Fifth Avenue, which was discussed briefly a year ago -- we went as
far as to contact the creators, and they wrote us a case study on that game.

So -- thank you. :-) Glad to be here.

- Markus Montola