[arg_discuss] ARGology Call for Columns

Andrea Phillips deusexmachinatio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 20:04:01 EDT 2009

Emphatically no. While this list's archives are available online, they
are somewhat hard to find and navigate (security through
obfuscation!). Some of us wish we didn't even have those archives,
frankly. The idea that anything you say on this list could be splashed
on a website without your explicit permission later? Well, it would
lead to a lack of candor and open discussion that would probably kill
us dead.

Opt-in is definitely the way to go.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Ralph Loizzo<ralphloizzo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think people should opt-out rather than opt-in

> On Jul 23, 2009, at 6:23 PM, John Evans <btradish at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Hey, you know what I think would be good?  The next time we have a

>> Topic of the Week, people who are willing to have their post reposted

>> should say so.  Then, at the end of the week, I can collect the responses

>> and edit them together into a post for ARGology.  So, if you want to

>> opt-in next week to having things you say reposted on ARGology, say so.

>> I think it's a good idea, but what about you all?

>> --

>> John Evans

>> Chaoseed Software - http://chaoseed.com

>>> Subject: [arg_discuss] ARGology Call for Columns

>>> Looks like I'm going to be updating ARGology's freelance listings this

>>> evening. I'd love to have some new content to put up, too -- anyone

>>> feel like volunteering a quick column? Topic of the week, ARGfest

>>> recap, anything? If necessary I'll add a nice disclaimer at the bottom

>>> saying you don't represent the official opinion of the IGDA and the

>>> SIG. ;) And maybe we could get some fun point-counterpoint action

>>> going...

>>> http://www.aaphillips.com

>>> AIM: Andrh1a * Skype: Andrhia

>>> Words * Culture * Interaction