[arg_discuss] Professor Layton ARG created by fans

John Evans btradish at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 23 19:39:21 EDT 2009

Several fans of the Professor Layton video game created an ARG to promote the games. Yeah, they call it a "viral marketing campaign", but to me it really looks like an ARG. They wrestled with guilt over the fact that people thought it was an official Nintendo campaign, and they eventually pulled back the curtain. What I really liked about this story was how it was just improvised by a few guys that thought it would be fun.

http://www.crispygamer.com/features/2009-07-23/tophatprofessor-layton-and-the-curious-twitter-accounts.aspx

--
John Evans
Chaoseed Software - http://chaoseed.com