[arg_discuss] Topic of the Week July 13: Why are you here? (Vladimir Alexeev)

Vlad Alex vladiweb at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:34:43 EDT 2009

For me is ARG the new fascinating possibility in the field of
culture/art. This new transmedial phenomenon opens new possibilities
for art due of its interactivity. If in traditional media the
communicative act is usually just a one-way-message relationship
[author=>recipient], ARG allows to involve every feedback into the
work itself (plot, design etc.).

This possibility combined with the power of our imagination makes ARG
to the new entertainment king (with one unique difference to
traditional entertainment - it is not replayable like books, movies or
games). This unique one-time application makes ARG for me very
enjoyable and interesting. (Perhaps the only re-play possibility could
be reading of ARG discussion archives)

And just one another thing (among of many other points why I love ARG)
is: ARG is higly inspirational. If you played many ARGs you want to
make your own. So it is very productive to the new culture
development, without any hierarchy like in traditional culture (where
is - alas! - permanent war of quality vs. status [which surely are not
always contradictory, but often contraproductive]). So if you start
your own ARG, it doesn't matter, whether you have a name or not - if
you can captivate people, only this fact matters.

I hope, I could express my thoughts about ARG in a coherent way :-)
Best regards to everybody
Vlad Alex (aka kosmopol [aka Merzmensch])
http://merzmensch.t83.net