[arg_discuss] TOW: how long would you like your next ARG take to play?

David Flor dflor71 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 00:31:21 EST 2009

My first ARG, Looking Glass Laboratories, was eight days. Of course, I
spent those eight days portraying a super-sentient artificial
intelligence that never slept, so needless to say the were a whirlwind
set of days. I brought it to a conclusion on the eighth day because it
became unmanageable and I couldn't keep up.

It's hard to keep something going for so long, especially when the
cumulative power of your audience can solve problems instantly. Heck,
during my 2nd ARG there were some puzzles that were solved before I even
finished posting them. And a puzzle that took me five days to set up was
resolved in less than ten minutes. Keeping that up for a long term is
not as easy as it sounds.