[arg_discuss] TOW: almost 8 years after the Beast, which is your favourite ARG and why?

Wendy Despain wendeth at wendydespain.com
Wed Jan 14 16:20:18 EST 2009

That phrase might also read the way I meant it - that it's my opinion
that none of us have created the ARG equivalent of Shakespeare yet, so
there's still the potential for the next ARG to be the Romeo and
Juliet of ARGs. Our greatest days are still ahead.

When I wrote that sentence I thought it was going out to developers,
not people in a position to commission ARGs. I'd say it a different
way to a different audience, and I don't claim to never put my foot in
my mouth. In fact, I seem to do it quite a bit in the ARG community.

:-)

What I'm trying to say about the buzzword ARG is that I'm fine with
embracing it and going with it where it helps, and abandoning it where
it doesn't. I just don't think we should automatically hate the phrase
or try to divorce ourselves and our work from it.

Wendy Despain
quantumcontent.com

>>> wrote:

>>> I don't believe mj was saying that ARGs don't work, but that there

>>> is

>>> some sort of consensus beginning to emerge amongst people on the

>>> peripheral (i.e. Clients, journalists) that ARG's don't work, too

>>> difficult, no ROI, etc. I believe that observation is true.

>>> Errr, let me clarify - I agree that there is a perception issue,

>>> and

>>> I

>>> disagree with that perception!

>>> Yikes, I need some caffeine. Or bourbon.

>>> ---

>>> Mike Monello

>>> Partner, Campfire

>>> 62 White Street, 3E