[arg_discuss] TOW: almost 8 years after the Beast, which is your favourite ARG and why?

Brian Clark bclark at gmdstudios.com
Wed Jan 14 14:52:42 EST 2009

I think the difference between your two examples, though, is that ARG is
largely a pastiche -- there just aren't that many "new" toolbox elements it
brings to the party, instead it eager appropriates into its pastiche tools
from boxes that traditionally had nothing to do with narrative or gameplay.
Experience Design is similar: it accepts that it is borrowing from the rules
of "best practice" in each of the experience types it appropriates from.

I totally like your line of thinking and don't think you're farting out your
face, but it seems that ARG is closer to "tell stories about physiology" in
your comparative example.