[arg_discuss] TOW: Have you ever consulted a lawyer before you didsomething ARG-related?

Markus Montola Markus.Montola at uta.fi
Tue Feb 24 16:29:35 EST 2009

As a follow-up to Adam's question, has anyone ever gotten into legal
trouble with an ARG element that was not physically staged somewhere?
For emails, television features, websites, video clips or stuff like
that?

To me it would appear that the physical installations are where the
most legal risks are, unfortunately. If you keep libel, slander and
naked flesh out, it's unlikely to get sued over something that happens
in the Internet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

(Let's assume that credible legal threats done through lawyers is
where "legal trouble" starts. :-)

- M