[arg_discuss] Ronan Lynch

ronan lynch ronan.lynch at dkit.ie
Mon Dec 14 10:13:07 EST 2009

Hi,

Could you please add my name and blurb to your ARG SIG List Members?

I'm currently undertaking a Masters by Research in Creative Media in
Dundalk Institute of Technology, Ireland (www.dkit.ie) with the
expectation to start in January 2010. I’m researching in the area of
Alternate Reality Gaming and seek to develop the knowledge in the area
with my thesis in 2011. I co-created and co-puppet mastered
Ireland’s first and only to-date ARG, ‘Adopt a Space
Monkey/Aftermath 08 in 2008 - where I was chief puzzle creator and
co-writer. I co-wrote a paper for the ISEA Digital Arts Conference held in
Belfast in August 2009, titled, ‘Alternate Reality Gaming,
Advertising and Entertainment – how digital media is changing the
ways in which we tell stories’. I like playing ARGs though see
myself mostly as a lurker but I would like to create another ARG in 2010.

Many thanks.
Ronan