[arg_discuss] [Introduction] Nina Bargiel

the slackmistress slackmistress at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 16:08:41 EST 2009

Hey All!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the list with my
handy-less-than-250-words bio. (I counted!) (Okay, MS Word counted!) (But
that counts!) (I'm over 250 words now, I think...)

I'm Nina Bargiel, a sometimes TV writer who’s been a longtime Internet
addict – I’ve been blogging for nearly 13 years now (first at
theslack.comand now at
theslackdaily.com) so moving into the online arena was a natural progression
for me. I started my career in 2000 as a TV writer, and got my first gig on
“Lizzie McGuire” and then moved on to writing a few different live-action
and animated shows (“The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy” “Romeo”)

I stumbled headfirst into web writing and ARGs when I got a call my old
“Lizzie” EP who was a co-Founder of Electric Farm Entertainment. I first
wrote on their series “Woke Up Dead” and then they called me in to create
the online world as well as an ARG for the series they were doing with
MTV/Verizon called “Valemont.”

Valemont’s ARG played out over ValemontU.com, as well as three character
blogs and nine Twitter accounts. We just wrapped the first season and are
waiting to hear if we’re getting a season two. In the meantime, I’m enjoying
my unemployment and the fact that I only have to be one person on Twitter.

Anyway, that's my spiel. I'm looking forward to connecting with all y'all
and participating on the list!

(Thanks to my friend John for sending me this way...)

Cheers,
Nina

--
My Blog: