[arg_discuss] Online Project Management Software for ARGs

Julien Aubert julien at extralab.fr
Fri Aug 21 05:28:08 EDT 2009

Hey all,

I agree with Brooke. I'm not sure these are project management tools, maybe
more collaboration tools. In this category, I can help. I used Basecamp many
months for a project with an American and an Irish team. It didn't meet my
expectations. In my opinion, if you use some old tools in addition to some
new ones you can do a best job and keep a good security level.

The Google suite do a pretty nice job. Creating a Google site let members
not only share Gcalendars, Gdocs..., but you can also upload some files (I
don't know the limits). Only invited members have acces to the site and so
the docs. Thomas and I recently tryed to work more efficiently with
calendar. Events are editable by everyone who share it. So, in addition to
meetings and milestones, we share our daily activity, interesting games to
have a look at, links to docs we are working on, maps of the places we are
going to.

In addition, micro-blogging sites can be fantastic to let the al lteam
updated about each members activity. You can use Yammer
<https://www.yammer.com/home>which is a Twitter for corporations. This tool
is worth a look because it provides a rich privative environment and because
there is a FF plugin, a desktop app and an iPhone app. Although, I know some
friends of mine collaborate on a single protected Twitter account. They have
all the logins and because it is protected, only them can see the stream.

Have a good day

---------
julien aubert
http://www.faismoijouer.com