[arg_discuss] Online Project Management Software for ARGs

Brooke Thompson brooke at giantmice.com
Thu Aug 20 15:07:36 EDT 2009

I've worked with both Basecamp & ProjectPier and they're both great at
what they do... but I'm not sure that's "project management". Their
strength lies in their asynchronous communication system which is a
mix of a message board and mailing list and easily allows you to
upload & share files which are attached to specific messages.

As project management? I'm always a bit disappointed. Their task
management is minimum at best. As such, they are not planning tools
and tend to be something extra for the project manager to stay on top
of in order to help keep a remote workforce on the same page. And,
for that, they seem to be about as good as anything that I've used.

I haven't tried comindwork, so can't comment on that.