[arg_discuss] New Topic of the Week Aug. 7: ARG SIG Conference

Burcu Bakioglu bbakiogl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:41:05 EDT 2009

At any rate, I am not sure why apologies are being posted. I personally
don't think these discussions are early or premature. Though I have to agree
with Brian. What do we want to achieve here? Did we discuss this here before
or was this discussion held somewhere else like IRC chatrooms?

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Brian Clark <bclark at gmdstudios.com> wrote:

> > Why? Because if I can hold the meeting in a smaller city I can

> > literally save $50-$100 per urn on coffee, $2-$3 savings on each

> > can/bottle of red bull/water/soda, save visiting folks $100 a

> > night on room rates, and most importantly bring the cost to

> > attend the meeting below $100.

> D.I.Y. Days pulled the equivalent off for $1500 budget and thus kept the

> conference free.

> So that "conference" model doesn't need to be the start and stop of what we

> consider, right?

Thanks,</burcu>

Burcu S. Bakioglu, Ph.D.

http://www.palefirer.com
http://palefirer.com/blog/
Skype: PaleFireR
AIM: PaleFireR

--
"Congratulations! You're the first human to fail the Turing test."