[arg_discuss] ARG SIG Conference

Michelle Senderhauf varineq at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 23:06:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Burcu Bakioglu <bbakiogl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michele, I am not sure you are correct in your perception of not being able

> to add more panels without cutting into the social time.

My perception comes from what the ARGfest coordinators have said. :) When
I asked why the panels had to start so darn early on Saturday morning, they
said it was because of the time crunch. If panels start later in the
morning, they run later and then we don't have enough time for both the
FestQuest and the dinner/keynote Saturday night. I assume it would be the
same situation if more panels were simply added. When I suggested they add
a second day (or half day) of panels, it seemed like it wasn't a possibility
without more funding. An extra day of panels means an extra day of
conference space rental. So, to be more specific, with the current amount
of funding, it's not possible to add more panels without cutting into the
social time.

Or so I've heard. :)

Michelle