[arg_discuss] ARG SIG Conference

Brooke Thompson brooke at giantmice.com
Thu Aug 6 20:41:00 EDT 2009

Oh, yeah, I got what you were saying and I do share your worry about
what a second conference could do to ARGFest. The strange mix of an
audience that it attracts is part of it's charm, for m. It's an
environment that I'm very keen to nurture. Which is why I'm so
sensitive to the "closed" and "exclusive" talk - but also why l really
appreciate the feedback :)

I think that's why I lean towards the ARG SIG conference being about
reaching out to a more professional audience. Not that I'd want it to
be stodgy or anything, but it seems to fit the "mission" of the SIG
while also making it more distinct from ARGFest. But that does raise
the concern over what it would do to the professional & acadmic sorts
that would go to ARGFest but can't quite justify two ARG-centric
conferences.